Haalp! Wiped out Mac OS Partitions from Hard Drive, Now cant boot!

Santa Klaus yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jul 20 03:47:01 2003

Hiyas,

Was playing around with a friends old 9600/200, with
OS 9 on it. I was trying to install Dayton, and was
going great guns .. Or so I thought.

Im new to macs, so when I got BootX to work in text
mode, I thought ok, Id get some kind of Xconfigurator
to work with the video hardware and that I was home
and dry... Wrong!

Install went fine, from a Ramdisk .. But when it
rebooted, all I got was a nasty gray screen with a
floppy icon with a question mark inside it.

It appears that I partitioned the Mac's Hard drive
incorrectly. I should have made one /boot partition
with at least 10-50 mb on it, w/ an HFS file system ..
I thought that it would be just like Linux so I
formatted all my nre partitions for ext2! Just like
Linux on a x86 :(( My bad.

Any ideas? Can I boot into the CD ISO I have? Isnt
working though .. I tried .. Should I reburn the ISO
onto a 650 MB CDR? Some of the psts on the list
suggest that this might work ..

Well thanks in advance, be nice, get a virtual present
this (OS) X-Mas.