Anybody using "dump"/"restore" to a remote system?

Michael George yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jul 23 05:50:01 2003

On Sunday, July 20, 2003, at 08:15  PM, Rick Thomas wrote:
> From the total lack of response to this question, can I assume that
> all you folks out there in YDL-land never do backups?  What do you do
> when you loose a disk? Or do you just run everything RAID-5?
>
> Seriously: How do you back up your YDL machines?

We use dump/restore for our archival, but we don't use them across the
network, really.  What I do is use rsync to mirror our remote server's
pertinent data to our local server and then just do a dump of the local
server.  Not the most efficient use of space, but we're not crowded yet.

So, since we don't do anything remotely with dump/restore I didn't have
an answer to your original post...

-Michael