sound card recogintion?

Robert Serphillips yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 29 17:58:01 2003

I have a 8500 also. Sound is fully supported. This sounds like a kde
issue as I've had no problems under gnome and my default window
manager xfce. Try loading these modules

roberts@Hawg<1>~: /sbin/lsmod
dmasound_pmac          51928   0 (autoclean)
dmasound_core          16072   0 (autoclean) [dmasound_pmac]
i2c-core               19976   0 (autoclean) [dmasound_pmac]

Once in kde try killing arts or whatever the soundserver is and load
xmms and set the output to use OSS

-Rob