Internet inteface switch

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jun 1 12:15:01 2003

At 14:07 -0400 on 2003-6-1 Stefan Bruda wrote:

 > The first idea that comes to mind to remedy this situation is through
 > shell commands.  Try this:

Oh yeah, the whole stuff with routes and everything can be
accomplished it seems by modifying files in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/, namely ifcfg-eth0 or ifcfg-eth1 (as
appropriate), ifup-routes, and /etc/sysconfig/static-routes.  However,
these are to my knowledge not quite documented (I managed to figure
some things out by myself but my knowledge on the matter is rather
incomplete; maybe somebody on this list can shed some light?), so I
prefer to do the thing using the shell commands I mentioned included
in various scripts that I call when connecting.  (It is also the case
that I use different interfaces for my laptop at school and at home,
hence I find the scripts to be actually more convenient.)

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.