Apple clones

Tim Seufert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 2 17:20:01 2003

On Monday, June 2, 2003, at 11:17  AM, N.Thompson wrote:

> The iBox does look better though :-)
> I think I'll wait for the iBox to be available.

I don't know if I'd wait all that much.  The CoreCrib doesn't give me
any faith in that guy's ability to deliver a much more complex (and
original) product like the iBox.  I've done, as a hobby project, the
same thing as the CoreCrib -- take a PC ATX case and mount a G4
motherboard and power supply inside.  To be quite frank, the CoreCrib
is a hunk of crap by comparison to my handiwork, and I'm *not* trying
to toot my own horn (I don't sell my conversions, they're made for me
by me).  If that one-man operation can't take an off the shelf ATX case
and make a decent conversion kit out of it, how is he going to get a
full custom case designed and built?

> BTW. Why are there so few Apple clones that can run OS X?

Because Apple killed cloning a long time ago, well before OS X was
released.