Firewire CD-RW...

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 2 20:55:00 2003

Hi.

Don't know about the hard disk, but here is what happens with my combo
drive (which is passed to the SCSI emulation system in Linux), which I
believe to be exactly what should happen to your firewire CD-burner:
At boot, you get:

  sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 24x/24x writer cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray

which is exactly what I do (sr0 and all).  Once the system is up, my
CD-RW driver is actually seen as... /dev/scd0.  So try to mount it and
see if it works.

You would later need to set up the generic device /dev/sg0 (for, e.g.,
the cdparanoia to run), but you should be however good to go for the
time being by inserting a CD in the drive and mounting /dev/scd0.

Also take a look at the CD-Writing howto
(http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/CD-Writing-HOWTO.html), and in particular
see Section 2 (setup).

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.