Apple clones

chip yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 3 04:54:00 2003

Just to through in my two cents . . .

My YDL box is an 8500 with 768M of old style DIMM memory and a G3/266 CPU
and a Rage 128 card.  It's not the ultimate gaming machine, but it is snappy
and responsive. . . PC133 memory is not "awfully slow", it's faster than the
memory in my G4 Cube that I use for editing weddings in final cut . . .

Save yourself some money and headaches, buy a used Blue & White G3 from
ebay, or save even more and buy a biege G3 (mine has a G4/400 upgrade and I
play Unreal Tournament on it all the time . . .)

Throwing some sanity in the discussion . . .
Chip