Apple clones

Dr. Robert M. Fuhrer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 4 18:42:01 2003

--=====================_411783523==.ALT

At 07:55 PM 6/3/2003 -0600,
yellowdog-general-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com wrote:
> > High-end x86 machines (not really all that expensive, surprisingly)
>
>One of the reasons for the lower price is that there are more competitors in
>the x86 market compared to the Apple/Mac market in which Apple has been the
>only seller of main computer components.

I mean "surprisingly" compared to the prices of mid-range x86 motherboards
that don't do dual-channel, not compared to Apple hardware, which has always
been expensive for the reason you stated.

Cheers,
   -- Bob
--=====================_411783523==.ALT

At 07:55 PM 6/3/2003 -0600,
yellowdog-general-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com wrote:<br>
really all that expensive, surprisingly)<br><br>
One of the reasons for the lower price is that there are more competitors
in <br>
the x86 market compared to the Apple/Mac market in which Apple has been
the <br>
only seller of main computer
I mean &quot;surprisingly&quot; compared to the prices of mid-range x86
motherboards<br>
that don't do dual-channel, not compared to Apple hardware, which has
always<br>
been expensive for the reason you stated.<br><br>
Cheers,<br>
&nbsp; -- Bob</body>