again: Weird ide -> scsi,YDL3

mamonbbux yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jun 5 01:02:02 2003

bruce woller a écrit:
> Bonsoir mamon:
> I think that the IDE controller(ide-scsi emulation) and Apple MESH
> (built in scsi) will always be detected before any PCI card scsi in your
> system.

I've re-compiled the 20.4.20b kernel with ide-scsi "not set", that was
the only way to have internal zip on hdf and not on false-sda.

>  My boot disk is on bus 3 i.e. scsi3

I boot on hdb9 (ydl-3), or hdb8 (ydl-2.3), or hda9 (kernel 2.2)
My internal is ide

> Why do you need this host adapter to be assigned BUS 0?

I wan't scsi0 (not 1) because :
- on my YDL-2.3 volume it says scsi0 and my external scsi-hd can be
mounted OK on sda.
- And 2 days ago, when booting on ydl_3.0 but choosing vmlinux_YDL-2.3,
dmesg said scsi0 (not 1) and again I was able to mount sda.

I don't want scsi1 (not 0) because scsi1 makes my sda un-mountable
-- [root@bbux root]# mount -t hfs /dev/sda6 /mnt/httpd/
-- mount : /dev/sda6 n'est pas un périphérique de bloc valide.
and
-- [root@bbux root]# pdisk /dev/sda
-- pdisk: can't open file '/dev/sda'  (No such device or address)

I repeat that *it works* when I boot on the YDL-2.3's vmlinux here on my
YDL-3 volume, so with the same /dev with the same rights on the same
files/folders than on the not-working.

is there a way to find out which file on /dev could be my "real-sda"
-> Attached scsi disk sda at scsi1, channel 0, id 5, lun 0  <- ?-?

--
~~~~
<:o)

PS1: FREE MUMIA AND LEONARD !