again: Weird ide -> scsi,YDL3

mamonbbux yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jun 5 11:52:00 2003

>> may be possible to control the order of initialization by suitable commands
>> in /etc/modules.conf.

I'm on my way to try with this modules.conf :

probeall scsi-hosts aic7xxx
alias scsi_hostadapter aic7xxx
alias char-major-4 off
alias sound-slot-0 dmasound_pmac
alias sound-slot-1 dmasound_pmac
alias sound-service-0-0 dmasound_pmac
alias sound-service-0-3 dmasound_pmac
alias sound-service-1-0 dmasound_pmac
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound dmasound_pmac
post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L
 >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S
 >/dev/null 2>&1 || :

what do you think of it ?
I've asked Mister Man, about all concerning modules, but I tested what
he said we coul'd do with modprobe and so on, and I had nothing but echecs.

and by the way, in this modules.conf supra I don't understand the last 2
lines but I'd rather comment them, no?, if I'd wand to have sound... un
jour... sur mon blanblou (let's hope!, as you could say in english)

> Here's a diff between the SCSI section of the configs of a stock YDL 2.3
> kernel (with the "<") and a stock YDL 3.0 kernel (with the ">"):
>
> 350c410
> < CONFIG_SCSI_AIC7XXX=y
> ---

I can't find what is the working config on my ydl-2.3 volume, because
I've made re-compil's + rmp -Uvh from original kernel to the 2.4.20-pre4
All the config's files I've seen, they have:

# CONFIG_SCSI_AIC7XXX is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_AIC7XXX_OLD is not set
(all # SCSI low-level drivers # not set)

--
~~~~
<:o)

PS1: FREE MUMIA AND LEONARD !