AltiVec Kernel Enhancements from MOT

Ron Smith yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jun 6 11:32:00 2003

So, when I cat /proc/cpuinfo and it says "altivec supported" followning
the cpu type, that doesn't mean that the AltiVec enabled modules are
being used?

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
cpu             : 7455, altivec supported
clock           : 667MHz
revision        : 2.1 (pvr 8001 0201)
bogomips        : 665.19
machine         : PowerBook3,4
motherboard     : PowerBook3,4 MacRISC2 MacRISC Power Macintosh
detected as     : 73 (PowerBook Titanium III)
pmac flags      : 0000000b
L2 cache        : 256K unified
memory          : 512MB
pmac-generation : NewWorld