Error Compiling HylaFax on 3.0 sirius

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jun 7 11:04:01 2003

Hey guys,
I was interested in trying to get hylafax running on ydl, so with a
basic server install of 3.0 (yum-updated of course) on a slot-loading
iMac, I downloaded the hylafax source. After running ./configure, i get
the weirdest error (the following). I am at a loss. (btw my gcc
3.2.2-2a) Anybody got any ideas? thanks

Configuring HylaFAX (tm) (aka FlexFAX) 4.1.5.

If configure does the wrong thing, check the file config.log for
information that may help you understand what went wrong.

Reading site-wide parameters from ./config.site.
YOW!!  Did something bad happen or am I on a powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu
system?
Using /usr/bin/gcc for a C compiler (set CC to override).
Looks like /usr/bin/gcc supports the -g option.
Using " -g" for C compiler options.
Looks like /usr/bin/gcc has an ANSI C preprocessor.
... but __ANSI_CPP__ is not automatically defined, will compensate.
Looks like /usr/bin/gcc supports the -M option for generating make
dependencies.

Cannot locate a suitable C++ compiler.

We attempted to compile the following test program:

class foo {
public:
     struct bar {
         int a;
         bar();
     };
     foo();
};
foo::bar::bar() { a = 0; }
foo::foo() { bar x; }
int main() { foo t; return 0; }

with these compilers:

      g++ gcc CC NCC DCC gcc2 xlC

but none of them were successful.

To build this software you need a C++ compiler that supports a
reasonably modern version of C++.  In particular the compiler must
support nested types and process temporary variables according to the
ANSI Reference Manual (the ARM).

If such a compiler is in a non-standard location, you can specify its
location in several ways:

     o set the environment variable CXX
     o create a config.local or config.site file that includes a
       definition for CXX
     o supply it on the command line using -with-CXX=<pathname>

If you are trying to use GNU gcc, but you do not have version 2.6.1
or newer, then you must update your compiler (and probably libg++ as
well) before you can compile this software.  Consult the documentation
for information about obtaining an up-to-date version of gcc.

Unrecoverable error!  Once you've corrected the problem rerun this
script.