fvwm on Sirius?

Emmanuel Seyman yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 9 14:57:06 2003

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 11:07:04AM -0700, Madhusudan Katti wrote:

> A friend of mine who is a diehard fvwm user is interested in switching
> to Apple hardware and YDL. He wants know, however, if and how fvwm
> works under YDL (3.0). I notice it is not part of the sirius distro,
> although I think it was included in the 2.3 extras disc (am I right?).
> Has anyone tried running fvwm in 3.0 yet? Any pointers would be
> appreciated.

Hum, I've compiled the .src.rpm that you can find on the fvwm-themes
web page (with some modifications to the spec file) and it installs
just fine. But putting the line "/usr/bin/fvwm2 &" in my .xinitrc
makes Xfree crash on startup.

Typing "fvwm2" on the command line gives me an error about locales.
Should I really have this:

[manu@kala manu]$ locale
LANG=fr_FR.iso885915@euro
LC_CTYPE="fr_FR.iso885915@euro"