Vsftpd setup

senn yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 10 20:10:02 2003

I'm running YDL 3.0, and I'm trying to setup vsftpd to lock out anonymous as
well as jail people into their home directories, but I'm having no luck.
Whatever modifications I make to /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf, don't seem to
work.

I've modified vsftpd.conf to say "anonymous_enable=NO", but yet anonymous
users can still get in, and I've set "chroot_list_enable=YES" and setup a
list of users in /etc/vsftpd.chroot_list, but that still doesn't work. The
server still says anonymous only.

I've even tried moving the /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf file to /etc since that's
where it says the default is but it gives me "500 OOPS: could not bind
listening socket" when I try to connect.

So I was wondering if someone out there could point me in the right
direction in properly setting up vsftpd?

Thanks,
Senn