Sleep breaks my modem

Thomas yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 11 05:11:01 2003

--Apple-Mail-2--286716834

Am Wednesday, 11.06.03 um 03:29 Uhr schrieb S.M.Kelly:

> Stefan,
> Where would someone find a "benh" kernel?=A0 Is it recommended to=20
> recompile XFree86 as well?=A0 I haven't compiled a thing yet in my =
Linux=20
> experience.=A0 It's something I'm eager to try, but feel like I need=20=

> some hand-holding. (this is my production computer, I don't have=20
> anything else to "play" on.)=A0 Any recommendations??=A0 help??

Dear S

I published a kernel howto on my web-site. This exlains how to boot=20
with benh10 OldWorld SCSI Mac. If you want to know how to recompile=20
your kernel from the source under Linux there is a Howto on YDL's=20
web-site. But you will have to type "make" only instead of "make=20
vmlinux" other than told by the howto. Worked for me. Should work for=20
you.

Cheers,

Thomas

Thomas Kuehner
<http://macgix-services.com>=

--Apple-Mail-2--286716834

Where would someone find a "benh" kernel?=A0 Is it recommended to
recompile XFree86 as well?=A0 I haven't compiled a thing yet in my Linux
experience.=A0 It's something I'm eager to try, but feel like I need
some hand-holding. (this is my production computer, I don't have
anything else to "play" on.)=A0 Any recommendations??=A0 help??

</excerpt>

Dear S

I published a kernel howto on my web-site. This exlains how to boot
with benh10 OldWorld SCSI Mac. If you want to know how to recompile
your kernel from the source under Linux there is a Howto on YDL's
web-site. But you will have to type "make" only instead of "make
vmlinux" other than told by the howto. Worked for me. Should work for
you.

Cheers,

Thomas

=20