PHP and MySQL

Ken Schweigert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jun 13 07:53:01 2003

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 05:04:07PM -0400, Neben Kabon wrote:
> Following 'Configure Command' states '--with-mysql=shared,/usr'
>
> Under the catagory of 'dbx' it shows...
>
> dbx support
> 	enabled
>
> dbx version
> 	1.0.0
>
> suppported databases:
> 	MySQL
> 	ODBC
> 	PostgreSQL
> 	Microsoft SQL Server
> 	FrontBase
> 	Oracle 8 (not really)
> 	Sybase-CT

If you don't see a section labeled "mysql" then PHP was not compiled with
mysql support.  Try recompiling with just "--with-mysql" instead of with
"--with-mysql=shared,/usr".  PHP might be able to find the mysql libraries
it needs automagically, assuming you do have the mysql devel libraries installed.
If not, try "--with-mysql=/usr".  I've never used "shared" as a configure
option, so can't vouch for it.

-ken

--
Ken Schweigert, Network Administrator