http dead but subsys locked

William Carty yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jun 14 09:23:01 2003

I had this happen once on another system.  Check for httpd.pid in
/var/run and delete it (it may be elsewhere depending upon how you
installed Apache).  Once you delete it, try restarting Apache - did the
trick for me.

Hope this helps.

Will

-----Original Message-----
From: yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
[mailto:yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com] On Behalf
Of Pat Plummer
Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2003 11:04 AM
To: Yellowdog General List
Subject: http dead but subsys locked

Folks:

I am running YDL 3.0 on an ANS700 quite successfully, but am unable to
get apache to come up. It will say OK, but then a status check has the
above error message "http dead but subsys locked". apachectl says I
have the correct syntax in my conf file, but still no go. I've looked
through the migration help stuff, but nothing seems to be wrong. The
error_log is empty.

Is there any special magic I need to know to go from my old 1.3 server
to the new 2.0 server?

Pat