regex not matching when using procmail and spamassassin

Adriana Gonzalez yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jun 14 17:07:01 2003

Hi,

I am having the weirdest problem with my procmail setup.  When I add the
spamassassin rule, every other rule fails to match.  Here is a
section of my procmailrc:

-------------- begin snippet ---------------------

:0 fw
| /usr/bin/spamassassin

:0:
* ^Subject:.*SPAM
$HOME/mail/spam

:0:
*
$HOME/mail/incoming

--------------- end snippet ---------------------

If I send myself an email with subject SPAM, I get the following in my
procmail log.  This behavior is the same for every other rule, that is, no
rule that should match actually does when the spamassassin rule is
present.

procmail: Assigning "FORMAIL=/usr/bin/formail"
procmail: Assigning "SENDMAIL=/usr/sbin/sendmail"
procmail: Assigning "DEFAULT=/home/adri/mail/incoming"
procmail: No match on "^Subject:.*SPAM"
procmail: Match on ""
procmail: Locking "/home/adri/mail/incoming.lock"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/home/adri/mail/incoming"
procmail: Opening "/home/adri/mail/incoming"
procmail: Acquiring kernel-lock
procmail: Unlocking "/home/adri/mail/incoming.lock"
procmail: Notified comsat: "adri@48054:/home/adri/mail/incoming"

Now, when I comment out the spamassasin rule and send myself the same
message the rule starts matching again.....

procmail: Assigning "FORMAIL=/usr/bin/formail"
procmail: Assigning "SENDMAIL=/usr/sbin/sendmail"
procmail: Assigning "DEFAULT=/home/adri/mail/incoming"
procmail: Match on "^Subject:.*SPAM"
procmail: Locking "/home/adri/mail/spam.lock"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/home/adri/mail/spam"
procmail: Opening "/home/adri/mail/spam"
procmail: Acquiring kernel-lock
procmail: Unlocking "/home/adri/mail/spam.lock"
procmail: Notified comsat: "adri@1746:/home/adri/mail/spam"
>From adri  Sat Jun 14 17:14:35 2003
  Folder: /home/adri/mail/spam                                            1140

Any clues of what is going on and how to fix it?

Thanks,

--
Adriana Gonzalez