Root account mail... Defining the local domain.

James Applebaum yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jun 14 19:30:01 2003

I have been using my linux 2.3 server now for well over 7 months.... I
have frankly love the fact that I NEVER have to think about it.

I am using the server in a SOHO setting with a Comcast CABLE
connection.
Issue... I have never gotten the mail to work...
I changed the domain name on the sever to the offsite server thinking
this would send my root mail to my domain... now I can't send mail from
the console to my domain. It would appear that root sends mail to
root@<localdomain> can this be changed?
IMy goal is to  monitor some of the Cron jobs that I have executing and
have the server send me a mail message that the script has run
successfully.
Help or a push in the right direction will be appreciated.