Halting on a '99 iMac DV SE

Tim Seufert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 16 21:01:01 2003

On Sunday, June 15, 2003, at 03:12  PM, David Chart wrote:

> On Sun, 2003-06-15 at 23:10, David Chart wrote:
>

>> At which point it just sits there, never powering down.
>>
>> I don't have the first idea what to do here. Help?
>>

> Just a quick clarification: I rebooted into MacOS and powered down from
> there, so I managed to switch off the computer. I'd just like it to
> work
> straight from Linux.

I don't know why it isn't powering down within Linux, but in the
absence of a true solution you can probably power that iMac down by
pressing and holding the power button until it shuts down.  After
several seconds it should do it.  It's a feature to allow you to shut
the machine down even if the OS is crashed or whatever.