PowerComputing Clone with CD-ROM issues on YDL Install

Seth Dimbert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 17 21:53:01 2003

I'm installing YDL 3.0 on a PowerCenter 120. I've done this before, but now
I have a larger HDD and a copy of YDL 3.0. So, I took out my YDL 2.3 drive
and installed and formatted the new drive, and am trying to install YDL 3.0.

Now, this machine came with FWB's CD-ROM Toolkit, and when I reformat the
drives, the Mac OS won't see any CD's until I install the Toolkit Control
Panel, which came on the CD from Power Computing. I guess it's the "drivers"
the Mac OS needs to use the CD Drive.

So, I've got two internal hard drives: A small drive with Mac OS 7.5.3, and
a larger, blank drive, with one large partition ready for YDL. I boot into
the Mac OS from the smaller drive, use BootX to launch the YDL installer,
choose English, a US Keyboard, then the Local CDROM option for where the
Media is.

The CD Drive spins for a second then the installer tells me, "The YDLinux CD
was not found in any of your CDROM Drives. Please insert the YDLinux CD and
press OK to retry."

This is annoying because the Mac OS can see this CD just fine!

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

-SD