SCSI disk errors in dmesg

Madhusudan Katti yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 18 10:53:00 2003

(I'm reposting this to the list - didn't notice yesterday
that the reply-to was set to sender, not the list)

Here's what's in /proc/scsi/scsi

Attached devices:
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: IBM      Model: DXHS             Rev: 0430
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 03
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 02 Lun: 00
  Vendor: QUANTUM  Model: FIREBALL SE4.3S  Rev: PJ0A
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 03 Lun: 00
  Vendor: MATSHITA Model: CD-ROM CR-8005A  Rev: 4.0i
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02

A minor error in my previous message - the smaller of my two hard drives
is 4.3 GB not 5.4. Since the errors in dmesg all point to ID 0, with
different sector numbers, I'm wondering if there is a problem with some
sectors on that drive.

The SCSI controller is whatever is on the 8500 logic board. I don't see
any id conflicts, and am pretty sure the internal scsi chain is
terminated.

Let me know if you need any other info, although I won't be at this
machine for the rest of the day.

thanks,
Madhu