Re: PowerComputing Clone with CD-ROM issues on Y DL Install

Rick Thomas yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 18 22:52:01 2003

Maybe the fact that it requires a special driver under MacOS is a
clue?  I had a Power Computing box with a similar CD-ROM drive.  I
was never able to get Linux running on it.  This box was build in
the early days of CD-ROMs.  The drive seemingly did not use the
"standard" set of SCSI commands used by most CD-ROM drives today.

If that theory is correct, your best bet is to use a more modern
SCSI CD-ROM.  You could either replace the old internal one, or use
an external one.

Just a thought...

Let us know if you get it working.

Rick