problems with yum and ydl enhanced

Matthias Saou yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jun 19 06:34:00 2003

Ken Simpson wrote :

> Anyone else having problems with yum and their ydl.net enhanced account?
>
> [ken@powerbook ken]$ sudo yum update
> Gathering package information from servers
> Getting headers from: Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 base
> IOError: [Errno ftp error] (110, 'Connection timed out')
>
> Here is my yum.conf
>
> [ken@powerbook ken]$ more /etc/yum.conf
> [main]
> cachedir=/var/cache/yum
> debuglevel=2
> logfile=/var/log/yum.log
> pkgpolicy=newest
>
> [base]
> name=Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 base
> baseurl=ftp://ksimpson:mypassword@ftp.ydl.net/yellowdog/yum/3.0/base/
>
> [updates]
> name=Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 updates
> baseurl=ftp://ksimpson:mypassword@ftp.ydl.net/yellowdog/yum/3.0/update/
>
> [freshrpms]
> name=YellowDog Linux 3.0 freshrpms
> baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/yellowdog/3.0/ppc/freshrpms/

Probably not the type of answer you wanted, but still, you could replace
the ftp.ydl.net base and updates entries with ayo.freshrpms.net ones as I
also have all of YDL3 with updates there. Shouldn't be any slower or less
reliable.

If you are then concerned about trust, you can add "gpgcheck=1" to your
yum.conf file and then :
sudo rpm --import /usr/share/doc/yellowdog-release-3.0/RPM-GPG-KEY

This will have yum check the gpg signature through rpm of all packages
prior to installation. I'd recommend adding it anyway :-)

If you also want to install some of my packages, just :
sudo rpm --import http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/RPM-GPG-KEY

Matthias

Raw Hide 20030616 running Linux kernel 2.4.20-20.1.2002.nptl
Load : 0.11 0.20 0.38