usb printer

Stephen Harker yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jun 22 16:48:01 2003

> I've seen on the mailing archive that I'm not the only one to have
> problemes to make usb printer working.
> I can't find the soluce, did anyone find it ?

I can't say that I have had any problem.  At home I have a 7600 with a
usb card and a Epson C40UX printer.  I also use a iBook 700MHz at work
and sometimes connect it to the Epson at home.  For printing I use
CUPS plus the gimp-print drivers.  This worked under YDL 2.1 at first
and later under YDL 2.3.

I just use the CUPS `web' interface (http://localhost:631) and set up
the printer from this.  Clearly others have had problems, but it has
never been a problem for me.

Normally I have the printer stopped when at work.  At home I just
connect the printer then use the web interface to start it.  On a
couple of occasions I have had to set the printer up again, but that
was when I left the queue running all the time.  When at work I have
the following details:

      Location: USB port
      Printer State: stopped, accepting jobs.
      "Paused"
      Device URI: usb:/dev/usb/lp0

--
Stephen Harker                           Stephen.Harker@spme.monash.edu.au
School of Physics and Materials Engineering