usb printer

Christopher Baskind yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jun 22 19:48:01 2003

On Sunday 22 June 2003 20:02, mamonbbux wrote:

> >> When I attempt to print something--say from KDE--the print manager
> >> appears to send the job to the Epson. Beyond this, nothing happens.
>
> I've also an Epson C60, and everything is the same until "nothing
> happens". In fact, my Epson starts.. eats paper.. hic!.. stop'n'stuck
> About half an A4, that C60 can eat . but cups says ok, work is done !

Yup, that's what's happening (or, rather, NOT happening) here.

This same printer runs well under Mandrake 9.1 on my PC. How terribly
frustrating. YDL 3.0 is really quite good, but I won't mess with it much
longer if I can't resolve entirely basic issues such as printing. That would
be a pity: I'm ever so much happier with my KDE desktop than OS X.

kit
--
PaperFrog.com
Words, free of charge.