usb printer

Stephen Harker yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 23 23:47:01 2003

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 04:10:40AM -0500, Christopher Baskind wrote:
> On Sunday 22 June 2003 23:32, Stephen Harker wrote:
>
> > It is unlikely to help.  What version of the kernel are you using?
> > Have you got usbview installed?  If so, does it list the printer?
>
> Looks like 2.4.20-8d. I didn't have usbview installed, but yum loaded it
> nicely. Yes, I see the printer.

That answers one question, at least you can see the usb port.  I don't
know what the usbcore does, but maybe it is not important for this
purpose.

> > Well, at least you seem to be talking to the printer.  This is better
> > than Christopher appears to be managing.  What printer driver are you
> > using?  Is it the gimp-print one, or one that is built into CUPS?
>
> I'm using the gimp-print Epson C60 driver. This seems to be the same driver
> I'm using on my PC.

This should be fine since it is reported to work well.  You could try
to see there is any useful information on
http://www.linuxprinting.org/, it is not clear to me why some people
have problems and others not.  Can you get anything out of the
printer, even a test page?

--
Stephen Harker                           Stephen.Harker@spme.monash.edu.au
School of Physics and Materials Engineering