Strange problem with arts

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 24 11:52:01 2003

At 18:42 +0200 on 2003-6-24 Sakari Aaltonen wrote:

 > > Thus XSANE can't find scanner, sound doesn't work, and I can't
 > > write DVD-RAMs until I patch up permissions... does anyone know
 > > where there is a template of ownership / permissions that
 > > the OS keeps using to "correct" the settings in /dev, so I can
 > > change the template once instead of the individual devices every login?
 >
 > I don't (know), but I thought I'd offer my sympathy. I suspect KDE is
 > doing this.

It probably has nothing to do with KDE actually.  You may want to take
a look at the files in /etc/security and adjust them apporpriately (if
needed).  Especially of interest for the problems you mention is
/etc/security/console.perms.

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.