metacity

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jun 26 18:19:01 2003

At 10:07 +1000 on 2003-6-27 Greg Hamilton wrote:

 > I'm running Gnome. I see Sawfish has been replaced with Metacity. I
 > can't find any config tools for Metacity.

As far as I could figure out, there is no config tool for Metacity.
There are some controls mixed in the main config tool, but none that
do what you want.  The solution that worked for me was to use Sawfish
(which is included in the default installation).  Of course, there is
no configuration panel to switch window managers, but you can always
do

    killall metacity; sawfish

and then save the session (e.g., upon logout).  Worked for me anyway.

Hope this helps,
Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.