damn!

Darkman yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jun 27 11:42:01 2003

ok- after a week of trying to install linux on an old world machine..
6400/180 which is supported-yeah right-
its 6am here in phoenix- but i just DLed your image- burnt it- and
moved it over to my 6400 via sneakernet, and dropped it on the hfs hard
drive partition...
rebooted..

and it didnt work!

.till i realized that the files needed to be in the root.
not in the "Boot_Linux" folder in the root.. <silly me. its 6am>

one thought to make life easier for stupid folx like me. and to keep
those of us in dual boot situations, who ALSO like the root directory
of mac volumes reasonably clutter free..

is there a way to make it so you drop the CD on the Hard drive, specify
the startup folder, then reboot?

i know its almost that easy..
but im still too much a newbie to figure out how to rearrange the paths
on that stuff-
just ramblings of a linux enthusiast after not sleeping in nearly a
week.

the original reason to this mail was to thank you, and confirm its
functionality w/ a 6400.

thanx-

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message,
however, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.