X11 display problem with YDL 3.0 on a PPC 7200/90

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jun 27 19:21:00 2003

Hello everyone,

I have recently installes YDL 3.0 on a PPC 7200/90 from iso files and that worked fine.
There are 2 systems on it :  mac o.s. 8.6 and YDL and i use the bootx bootloader.
Plz note that the display is fine under mac o.s. ans that it worked perfectly in both text and video mode during the whole install process.
You may also want to know that the monitor is an apple multiple scan 15 display.

Now the problem is that since i finished the installation i couldn't get the X11 system to work properly :
the text mode is ok but if i run startx then the screen splits in 2 parts the left half is displayed right and the right half is displayed left. How weird ?
I've tried to set the "screen" and "device" values /etc/XF86Config file but it only got worse.
I've also tried different video drivers (default is fdbdev with 4MB VRAM) but it didn't get better.

Is this a known issue ?
Is there a way to get the XF86Config file used during installation (this one proved to work) ?
What can i do ?

I'd be very grateful if you could get me some advice.

Thank You anyway.

Louis Courau

Get your own free email account from
http://www.popmail.com