[HELP] YDL Installed OK - But Can't Boot Back to OSX!

Mark Srebnik yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jun 28 12:46:01 2003

Hi Thierry,

On my 'old hard drive' I have

(1) 14.5 GB partition with OSX 10.2.6
(1) 100 GB partition with OS9

Problem is that Apple Disk Utility (OSX 10.2 Installer) doesn't recognize the partitions described above now. It just sees one 114.5 GB hard drive...

Maybe I should try using my old OS9 Install disks and see if old Drive Setup sees my partitions?

What is strange is that when I startup holding down the option key I do see my two partitions (described above), one with an OSX icon and the other with an OS9 icon on it.

Thanks,

Mark
-------Original Message-------
From: Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon@decoulon.ch>
Sent: 06/28/03 01:09 PM
To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: Re: [HELP] YDL Installed OK - But Can't Boot Back to OSX!

> On Saturday 28 June 2003 16:59, Mark Srebnik wrote:
> Hi Felix,
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> I can use option key now but only to boot into OS9.

Do you have OS X and OS 9 on the same partition? If you have two different

partition and the option key can't let you choose OS X then I'd say you'll

have to reinstall OS X and then re-run ybin to install yaboot.

If you have both MacOS on the same partition... I don't know - never did
that.

Thierry

--
Smile . . . tomorrow will be worse.