Packages that need to be resolved.

Atro Tossavainen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Mar 5 03:37:01 2003

Please don't post in HTML.

>> File systems other than ext2 (at least ext3 and reiserfs)
>
> ext3 support is available on YDL 2.3 ...of course you'll have to
> rebuild your kernel to support it.

You seem to have read what I wrote a bit cursorily.

I want these to be available _at install time_ so that you can create
your file systems as that type from day 0.  Converting ext2 to ext3
on the fly may be feasible - don't know since I don't do ext3 - but
at least converting ext2 to reiserfs is not possible (requires a dump/
restore cycle and spare partitions).

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,

File attachments NOT welcome unless agreed to beforehand.