Couple Issues

Nathan Weil yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Mar 6 22:36:01 2003

Hey All,
	Hopefully you guys can help me, I can't find anything anywhere about 2
problems I have.
	Just installed YDL 2.2 on my Dual USB iBook, 600MHz model.  It has the
combo drive.  Finally installed ok, but can't get the CD drive to work.
Linux can't access it at all.  The error I get is "not a valid block
device"  This error I get when I try to mount the drive manually through
'mount.'  What is causing this error?
	The second thing I can't get working is the AirPort card.  Do
everything right, and I've had it working under YDL 2.1, and Mandrake,
and do the same things: copy ifcfg-eth0 to ifcfg-eth1, change device to
eth1, do /sbin/modprobe airport, and restart network.  That has always
worked, because I don't have any password protection on my box.  Well,
it does everything fine, but there is no connection.  Can't ping
anything, and doesn't go anywhere.

TIA,
	Nathan