OFF: Now I've seen everything (at the thriftshop)

Rob Brandt yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Mar 10 15:02:01 2003

Today I saw at my favorite thriftshop 2 SGI Iris Indigo workstations.  I don't
know anything about them except that they used to be insanely expensive.  They
look like this model I found on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3403351899&category=11223

Obviously they're not worth much anymore.  The question is, are they still
useful for anything?  FWIW, they don't appear to have any accessories included.
 They are on the 'waiting to be priced' shelf, so I couldn't take a detailed
look at them.

Rob

BTW, this is the same thriftshop I've gotten G3 Macs for $40 and an Apple 20"
display for $45.