Mini distro (Was: Re: old dogs...new tricks?)

r.sesser yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Mar 16 15:29:00 2003

> FWIW, I've have a 12" Powerbook that I'm stuck running OS X on, and while
>some things about OS X I'm starting to dislike a bit less, other things
>are becoming more annoying by the day. Almost to the point that I hardly
>turn the thing on because I can walk over to my desktop machine (which
>runs YDL only) and get the job done much faster. Every day, I go to the
>YDL website hoping to find news about 3.0 release so that I can have a
>useable OS on my Powerbook.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Chris

I know that having the latest and greatest Mac is a great thing and
don't get me wrong, I like Macs just as much as the next guy/gal. But if
you really don't want to run Mac OS (9|X) on your machine, why buy a Mac
in the first place? Surely, you could have bought a cheaper x86 laptop
that would have suited your needs.

Just a thought really
r.