Mini distro (Was: Re: old dogs...new tricks?)

Christopher Murtagh yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Mar 16 16:28:01 2003

On Sun, 16 Mar 2003, r.sesser wrote:
>I know that having the latest and greatest Mac is a great thing and don't
>get me wrong, I like Macs just as much as the next guy/gal. But if you
>really don't want to run Mac OS (9|X) on your machine, why buy a Mac in
>the first place? Surely, you could have bought a cheaper x86 laptop that
>would have suited your needs.

 Well, I really love Apple hardware, and honestly, I have yet to find a
laptop that was as nice as my 500MHz iBook. Try to find an X86 machine
that is as portable, with a Combo drive, runs Linux beautifully and MacOS
9 (I use it with Digital Performer outside of my day job - www.ombu.ca
:-).

 When the motherboard died on the thing, my boss figured we'd buy the 12"
Powerbook rather than replace it with an iBook (the difference in the
educational prices is about $400 CND). So, I wasn't going to complain
about that.

 I don't mind the idea of using MacOS X every once and a while when I
really need something that doesn't run on Linux (although I'd rather not
if I didn't have to), it sure beats the alternative on X86 hardware.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh