YDL 2.3 and Sonnet ATA card?

Evan Dorn yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Mar 18 16:47:01 2003

Michael,

Thanks for the reply!  I fortunately don't need to use the 2.1 cd=20
kernel to do the install; my root drive is SCSI, and is supported.  I'm=20=

using a 180GB ATA drive, mounted at /home1, as a big dumping ground so=20=

I can quickly back up my OS X workstation over my LAN.

However, I'm having horrible trouble compiling in the promise driver. =20=

I thought I was just doing something wrong the first couple of times,=20
but now that I've studied and know what I'm doing, the problems are=20
extremely consistent.   However, I suspect that the problem I'm having=20=

may be wider than just the Sonnet card, so I'm going to put it in a new=20=

thread.

-Evan

On Monday, March 17, 2003, at 05:34 PM, Michael Graham wrote:

> Evan,
> You are on the right track. For some reason, the install kernel on=20
> both 2.2
> and 2.3 didtro=92s don=92t have the promise driver compiled in. What I =
did=20
> is
> use the install kernel off the 2.1 cd in order to install 2.3. Once
> installed, you=92ll need to compile a new kernel with the driver.
>
> Hope this helps. If you=92re interested in using one of my kernels =
feel=20
> free
> to ask and I=92ll post it. I=92m running an 8500 with an Tempo =
ATA/100, YD=20