Mounting DVD disk

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Mar 20 19:41:01 2003

At 16:42 -0500 on 2003-3-20 Tony K. wrote:

 > I have a Yosemite G3 tower with a DVD-ROM drive.  Someone gave me a
 > DVD with .ogg files burned on it.  Is it possible to mount DVD
 > disks with YDL 7.3?

It is certainly possible.

What does /var/log/messages say when you attempt to mount the DVD?  It
might be possible that your DVD has a UDF file system, and that you
need UDF support compiled in your kernel (under "File systems", the
option if called CONFIG_UDF_FS).  It might be possible to be something
else though, please post the error messages you get while mounting the
thing.

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.