reboot after installation fails

Atro Tossavainen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Mar 24 00:40:01 2003

> That simply isn't true.  The only operating system that requires those
> special partitions to be present is MacOS 9 (or earlier), because they
> are MacOS 9 device drivers that 9 needs to mount or boot data
> partitions on that disk.  If you partition a disk using the OS X Disk
> Utility, there is an option to not create them.  I have booted both OS
> X and Linux off drives that have only two or three partitions because
> none of the MacOS9 driver partitions are present.

Glad to be wrong on this.  Would you please explain why Andi's bootup
failed?  I don't want to install the OS9 partitions next time, either.

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,

File attachments NOT welcome unless agreed to beforehand.