YDL 3.0 on 17" Studio CRT with ADP

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Mar 26 13:42:01 2003

   It's my understanding that external monitor support is severely lacking
in v2.3. Not sure about v3. Seems to be a major flaw/oversight in the
distribution.

Christopher Murtagh <christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca>
Sent by: yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
03/26/03 14:25
Please respond to yellowdog-general

        To:     yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: YDL 3.0 on 17" Studio CRT with ADP

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003, Chris Welch wrote:
>Anyone have this working, I can get it to work with a regular monitor
>using the db15, but I want to use my Studio 17" CRT.  I know it has to be
>in the XF86config file, but I've tried everything.

 I had a similar problem with the same monitor and the Rage 128 Pro. It
seems that the XConfigurator in 3.0 doesn't like the Studio Display 17 CRT
and/or the Rage 128 Pro. I ended up using my XF86Config file from my 2.3
install, then everything was fine. Let me know if you want me to mail it
to you.

Cheers,

Chris

--