YDL 3.0 on 17" Studio CRT with ADP

Owen Stampflee yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Mar 26 18:30:00 2003

>    It's my understanding that external monitor support is severely lacking
> in v2.3. Not sure about v3. Seems to be a major flaw/oversight in the
> distribution.
What you're talking about (monitor support for laptops) is being worked
on... there is support, it's just crappy and varries widly between
models. The problems the 2 Chrises are having is something else.

I hear rumblings about better external monitor support for Radeon based
machines and I've been working on getting mirroring working correctly on
Rage128 based iBooks. This isnt a flaw with Yellowdog inparticular, its
affects all PPC/Linux distributions.

Owen