RAM Disks in YDL 2.3

Michael Tucker yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Mar 27 01:02:01 2003

The original imac can take up to 512MB of memory -- but if you buy 256MB
SODIMMs, make sure that at least one of them is "low-profile". The SODIMM
slot on the underside of the CPU card will only fit one of these smaller
SODIMMs. The memory is cheap enough that it might be worthwhile if you
want to use the machine with any regularity -- I found 256MB SODIMMs at
Data Memory Systems (www.datamem.com) for $57 a piece.

Good luck,
Mike