Syncing system time

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Mar 27 12:46:12 2003

If you have your /usr on a different partition, it can cause all kinds
of headaches with your clock. Something about when the kernel sets the
system time and your /usr partition isn't mounted yet to be consulted
on what your timezone is. I had this issue...ended up re-installing and
using one partition for the whole kit-n-kaboodle :\

I may be wrong though...so don't take my work for it.

r.