Network Everywhere router (was : Re:YDL [not OSX] with linksys wireless router?? [long rant])

Jeff Ridder yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Mar 27 20:16:01 2003

Actually my experience has been worse then the average linksys router.
The NE unit I had for a client HAD to be reset everyday for it to work
properly.  For some reason the unit lost it link with the local cable
modem provider.  Linksys has released a new firmware that seems to have
fixed the problem.  BTW my experience with the linksys's has been pretty
good.  I really like the fact now I can get an amplifier for less then
$100 and get signal all the way through my house without any hiccups.
And I really can't see any real difference between Apple's or linksys's
or anyone else access point, they all seem to act the same to me and
pretty much all configure the same.  Apple's just has a simplier
interface.

Jeff