strange bug in YDL 3.0

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Mar 28 07:56:01 2003

At 14:20 +0200 on 2003-3-28 Erol YILDIZ wrote:

 > when I run mozilla from konsole etc. it doesn't give any errors and you
 > hear the hard drive running and it doesn't start. No clues..

Could it be a problems with the domain name resolution?  I am thinking
at the long delay you mention for the other applications.  Try to shut
down all of your network interfaces and open those applications again.
If they work in this setting, it could be that the reverse DNS on your
machine's IP does not work (and the applications wait for the DNS
timeout before starting).

Just a possibility though, do not hold your breath.

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.