Sleep and YDL 3.0

James Cook yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Mar 28 12:59:14 2003

I'm somewhat new to Linux, esp on a Notebook. I have a G4 Ti Powerbook
(2002), and I really was tweaked off by the Mac OS X operating system. I
gave it 6 months and still hated the Finder, among other problems. So
far, I find myself more productive with YDL. I appreciate the
Powerbook-specific web sites out their focused on configuring the YDL.
Most of the docs I have found so far no longer apply in YDL 3, but I
have some more questions. ;-)

First, how do I get my Powerbook to sleep (suspend to RAM) when closing
the lid? Currently it does nothing when I close the lid. It stays on! I
would hate to think what the heat buildup would do to my keyboard under
such conditions, plus it is a pain to sleep manually each time.

If I execute snooze, the system appears to go to sleep, however I can't
wake it up no matter what I do!

Is there a known way to get YDL to sleep on close, and a quick wake when
the lid is opened, ala Mac OS X?