how best to partition HD?

Patrick Callahan yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Mar 30 09:18:01 2003

/var contains things like log files and www  Next time around I'm going to make a separate var
/home contains your login and home directories, e-mail and such.  This was my first separate partition.

I also made a separate partition for downloads.  Its where I build a lot of stuff from sources (I don't bother with rpms.

More information about what goes where can be found in:

http://www.lesbell.com.au/Home.nsf/b8ec57204f60dfcb4a2568c60014ed0f/87cd60bdf18a2a75ca256caf001594b4?OpenDocument