ydl30.torrent available

Daniel Resare yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 2 03:05:01 2003

Hello Friends

Since it took a while to find any good mirror servers that had ydl 3.0
I have finally sucessfully downloaded the 3 iso files. I thought I'd share
them to any interested parties, and at the same time try out serving
bittorrent files myself.

Bittorrent, for those of you that haven't used it before, is a system where
you simultaniously download and upload files using a special client. Since
you are using other downloaders upload bandwidth the system scales much
better than traditional "one server, many clients" and you get better download
speeds. More info, including win32, linux and macos clients can be found at
http://www.bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/

The download can be started at http://ulysses.resare.com/~noa/ydl30.torrent

Please don't trust me, but verify the md5sum of the downloaded files
against http://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/iso/md5sum

cheers
/noa

ps. if anyone over att terrasoft wants to link to the url above from some
official download page I don't mind.

--
begin:vcard fn:Daniel Resare tel;cell:+46739442044 tel;work:+468332040
adr;work:Scheelegatan 36; 112 28; Stockholm; Sweden end:vcard