17" display?

Patrick Smith yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 2 09:00:04 2003

Romeyn Prescott wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if my 17-inch Apple Flat-panel display will work
> under YDL 3.0?  I could never get it to work with 2.3, as it doesn't
> support 640x480 resolution and I don't boot to a graphical interface.

Funny that you couldn't get it work.  If I remember correctly, I was
using mine even with YDL 2.0.  (Nowadays, I don't use YDL, but compile
everything from source myself.)

The issue may be more your video card -- you need to convince it to
operate at 1280x1024, 60Hz (at least, those settings work for me).
Perhaps if you tell us what card you have, someone will know how to do
the convincing.

For the record, my card is a Rage 128; the appropriate boot parameter is
'video=aty128fb:1280x1024@60'.  Or I can log in blindly at a console
session and run 'fbset 1280x1024-60'.